We acknowledge and humbly recognize that we are living and working on Turtle Island in T’Karonto, the traditional, current, unceded Anishinaabeg territories of the Haudenosaunee, Wendat, Seneca, and Ojibwe. We acknowledge this as Treaty 13 territories in the care of the Mississaugas of the Credit River First Nations among many other Indigenous peoples who live here.
Lifted by Purpose recognizes we are settlers on this land, and will commit to reconciliation in the following ways:
– Land Acknowledgements
– Learn about the history and contributions of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples to society
– Recognize and support the call to action from the Final Reportof the National Inquiry Into Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women And Girls, the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, and the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action
– Learn more about and promote Indigenous arts and artists
– Engage, listen, and with consent, collaborate on projects to share Indigenous stories
– Learn about and promote Indigenous organizations, resources and participate in important national awareness events
– Acknowledge harmful policies and practices (e.g., residential schools, loss of lands, inequitable access to essential services, prohibition of cultural traditions and languages, etc.) and share positive ways recommended by the Indigenous community to move forward together.
Learn whose land you’re on